Only a calm day or wind out of the south can bring dviers to this least often dove site. A counter-clockwise navigation of this knoll unveils a grove of gorgonians and a small colony of both Bushy and Feather Black Coral. Nurse Sharks nestle among the barrel sponges while schools and schools of Horseye jacks, Sergeant Majors, Black Durgeons and Bermuda Chubs can be expected. Another highlight is the large anchor long embedded in the sand from the days of active sulphur mining.
As far back as 1860, sulphur was mined on Saba. From the cliffs more than 100 meters above the sea, the sulphur was transported by a cable joining the coast with the small key named ‘Green Island’ so that schooners could load the sulpher in this perilous anchorage area. Will Johnson, the unofficial island historian, documented the history of Saba's sulphur mine.